Education and Outreach Coordinator
The Education and Outreach Coordinator is the key member on our team in educating our marketplace. Increasing our presence through measured attendance will build the Journey Museum and Learning Center’s brand. Teaching, organization, and communication skills are an expectation in both verbal and written areas. Performance reviews will focus on programming accomplishments related to increasing the volumes of students and teachers served. Additional performance feedback will include a review of working relationships within staff, MARC members, Journey Board of Directors, and both teacher and student comments.
Reporting Relationships – Reports directly to and is reviewed annually by the Executive Director. Works closely in collaboration with the Customer Service Manager to coordinate for internal education programs and staffing. Works with the Journey Museum Education Committee.
Key Activities and Responsibilities subject to Annual Review:
- Responsible for developing and coordinating education programming internally at the Journey Museum and Learning Center. Examples of but not limited to Toddler Tuesday’s, Discovery Expeditions, and Camp programs throughout the calendar year.
- Coordinate arrangements for education-focused visits of the Museum.
- Will work with the Customer Service Manager in both booking and managing educational group experiences either internally or externally for the Journey Museum and Learning Center.
- Required attendance of the Monthly Education Committee Meetings. May be invited to and expected to attend Exhibits, and Development meetings. Additionally shall serve on unnamed committees related to educational efforts as designated by the Executive Director.
- Provide educational services for visitors within the Museum as needed.
- Coordinate teacher programs and teacher development programs.
- Develop and oversee teacher and student classes, workshops, and non-traditional learning opportunities.
- Provide teaching support for research grants and the documentation and detail needed to satisfy the grant requirements.
- Promote the Journey Museum and Learning Center through public and education networks.
- Assist with student related hands-on activities and support special events as needed.
- May work with Exhibits Committee to assist in coordination of temporary gallery interpretive presentations, activities, special events, and hands-on activities.
- Attend community and mixer events throughout our market to enhance public relations of the Journey Museum and Learning Center.
- Expected to provide support to team and staffing as needed or as assigned by the Executive Director.
All candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position closes Wednesday, August 9.