Welcome from The Journey Museum & Learning Center Board of Directors!
Together, join us on Giving Tuesday, November 27, for our inaugural Blue Jean Ball.
Help us celebrate 21 years of The Journey Museum & Learning Center! Anonymous donors have issued a $3,500 match challenge. You can help us double this match and strengthen our interactive learning experiences. Attend the Blue Jean Ball and donate today!
• Appetizers catered by Hotel Alex Johnson with cash bar from 5-7 pm
• Music by Jerry Garcia of Deadwood Express Blue Grass Band accompanied by Journey Board member Christy Heacock at 5 pm. Music by Brent Morris & Western Acoustic starting at 5:30 pm. in the Adelstein Gallery.
• Live auction with Mike Modrick of KOTA as celebrity auctioneer featuring fabulous Black Hills learning adventures like...
* Meadowlarks & Bison Babies Tour with Dan and Jill O’Brien on their Wild Idea Cheyenne River Buffalo Ranch (during baby buffalo season) featuring cold beverages and charcuterie samples.
* Where Dreams Began Tour with SD Sculptor Laureate Dale Lamphere in his studio to celebrate completion of Arc of Dreams-late summer or fall 2019. Appetizers and wine for 10 included.
* Roaming the Black Hills Railyards Tour featuring a caravan for five cars to historic railyards and sites led by SD rail history expert Rick Mills, director of the SD State Railroad Museum. Sponsored by South Dakota State Railroad Museum, free admission plus beverages and treats at the museum in Hill City.
* The Play's The Thing! Enjoy 8 tickets donated by Black Hills Playhouse featuring an 8-person picnic package and historic tour before the play of your choice during the 2019 Summer Season. Founded in 1946, BHP is one of the longest continuous professional summer stock theaters in the US, a cultural treasure of the region! (Package valued at $408, *park entrance fees required).
* Journey to the Firehouse Wine Cellars Tour Enjoy a tour with four other guests of Firehouse Wine Cellars followed by samples of complimentary wine all provided by our professionally trained associates. The Firehouse Brewing Company opened in 1991 making it the state’s oldest brewing company. It is actually in the what was the city’s main fire station. The building, built in 1915, was the main fire station up until 1975.
• Raffle ticket bidding on stay-vacation in B&B, personalized tours with local guides; kayaking or paddle board rentals; spa sessions; 2-for-1 day passes at Terry Peak, plus 6-7 fabulous baskets from the Journey Trading Post
Tickets only $40/person or $75/couple. Call 605-394-6923 or visit us at 222 New York St. to get yours today!
•Become a Member. Give a membership.
•Be a Friend of The Journey Museum & Learning Center.
•Click to donate, stop by in person or mail us.
All contributions are tax deductible.
The Journey Continues
To make cash or check contributions, please send to:
The Journey Museum & Learning Center
Memo: Giving Tuesday
222 New York Street.
Rapid City, SD 57701
The Journey Museum & Learning Center regularly adds new events, exhibits, and features to the expansive museum, covering American history, Black Hills history, and Native American culture.
Want to stay up to date?
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch and learn more about the history that has shaped our society.Subscribe to our mailing list