Applications accepted until Friday, Jan. 15
Email your resume
This is a part-time position, about 10 hours per week. Must be able to work weekends.
SUMMARY - The Customer Service team is a key component to a positively-viewed Journey Museum and Learning Center. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and strong attention to detail are essential elements to success. Critical features of this job are described below, but job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS – Reports directly to and is reviewed annually by the Customer Service Manager and Executive Director. Works with museum employees and volunteers in a team environment to guarantee great visitor experiences.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUBJECT TO ANNUAL REVIEW
- Smiles and greets all visitors and team members encountered with a friendly demeanor and encourages others to smile and say hello
- Assists visitors in a friendly, courteous manner
- Adheres to a “can-do” attitude and efficiently resolves visitor questions and requests
- Supports other team members through “can-do” actions and behaviors
- Promptly responds to requests, phone calls, and other areas of responsibility
- Keeps team members advised as to the working order of the museum and helps ensure that the facility is operationally sound on a day-to-day basis
- Works with Customer Service Manager to ensure accurate handling of all customer transactions within the museum and store
- Responsible for an accurate and timely closing of the museum and store on daily basis. These closings are subject to review and approval of both the Customer Service and Finance Managers
- Works to support daily tasks operating a clean and orderly museum. This includes monitoring restrooms and cleaning on a scheduled basis. Additional facility cleaning tasks are to be completed on a daily basis.
- Provides support in pricing and organizing museum store merchandise as needed or assigned. Should consistently monitor inventory levels and replace price tags as needed. Must keep aware of the presentation of merchandise and strive to enhance the saleability of products.
- Assists in the development of signage and promotions as needed
- Responsible for understanding upcoming museum events and programs that the museum actively promotes online and in print. This ensures that our team is able to properly answer and respond to visitor questions.
- Understands and communicates the benefits of becoming a museum member to our visitors. Portraying the importance of membership to all who come into contact with the museum is essential.
- Responsible for leading and/or assisting with educational experiences, including but not limited to Toddler Time, Discovery Expeditions, Journey Into Space, Summer Camps, Homeschool Experiences, and museum tours
- Performs other duties as assigned